Due to the complex nature of the handshake process, many things can go wrong. We have broadly categorized these pre-setup failures into three categories:
Media source related
- No working devices: media device cannot be accessed (e.g., it’s acquired by other application, device does not have it, etc.).
- No permissions: user refused to grant access to the device for an application.
- Incorrect Constraints: media device settings set by the application cannot be fulfilled (e.g., too high a frame rate).
To get a more detailed explanation, read our blog post about errors in accessing user media.
- SDP generation error: SDP offer wasn’t generated due to some error.
- Negotiation failure: failed to find common configurations for crypto, network and media configuration failed.
During NAT/FW traversal
- ICE connection failure: checks failed because of a restrictive NAT or firewall.
- Aborted: checks have not failed or completed, however user closes the app/tab, ergo closing the conference call.
Read more on our blog!