We collect metrics from each endpoint in a conference, and summarize those metrics per connection, per session, and per conference. We aggregate the metrics across all conferences to provide meaningful service level statistics.
Conference Level Statistics
We measure the metrics reported by each endpoint. This includes:
- Start and stop time for the conference
- Participants and connection information
- Events timeline for each participant (joining, leaving, muting, pausing, disruptions)
- Plots of transport metrics (variation over time)
- Media quality metric per participant
For conference metrics, we use the following metrics:
We also rely heavily on DomHiResTimestamps and WebCrypto APIs.
Service Level Statistics
We aggregate the conference level metrics:
- Number of calls (successful, failed, relayed)
- Duration of calls
- Average setup time, churn
- Quality of multimedia experience based on transport and multimedia metrics
- User-reported feedback
You can read more about the importance of end-to-end monitoring on our blog: Why End-to-end Monitoring For WebRTC Is Critical.